The communication centre supports language development through materials, activities, child-teacher and child-to-child interaction.
Children have access to:
- Bulletin boards;
- CDs, story tapes and headsets;
- Flannel boards;
- Puppets; and
Children have the opportunity to:
- Build self-esteem;
- Describe objects, events and relations;
- Enjoy creative and authentic use of language;
- Expand and develop their imagination;
- Expand their vocabulary;
- Express feelings;
- Practice early writing and reading skills;
- Sharpen listening skills; and
- Understand and use language.